Colocation Access Policy & Procedures
In order to ensure the safety and security of our facility, our clients and their colocated systems, Host.net has specific policies and procedures that all employees, clients and guests must follow. This document outlines the policies and procedures for colocation access. Host.net, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to amend these policies and procedures without prior written notice. However, if the policies and procedures are amended, our goal is to notify our clients and/or agents at least 10 days prior to the new policy effective date.
1. Colocation Authorized Access List - All colocation clients are required to complete and submit a Colocation Authorized Access List. The list specifies individuals who are pre-authorized by the Authorized Signer of the Colocation Service Order (the person who signed the contract) to be issued security access credentials from Host.net which grants un-escorted access to the client’s colocation space. The Colocation Authorized Access List also enables the Authorized Signer on the account to designate additional person(s) with the authority to add or remove individuals from the Authorized Access List. All individuals who are listed on the Colocation Authorized Access List must contact Host.net Customer Support to schedule a time to have their hand scanned and security credentials assigned. Once security credentials are assigned to a pre-authorized individual, that individual will have 24x7 un-escorted access to the specified client’s colocation space until the Authorized Signer of the account, or other designated person, revokes that individual’s access privileges.
2. Age Restriction - No persons under age 16 are permitted to enter the Host.net Colocation Data Center. Customers accompanied by children under age 16 will be refused access to the Data Center.
3. Valid Photo ID - ALL persons entering the Host.net Colocation Data Center must provide a valid government issued photo ID.
4. Guests and Vendors - Guests and / or vendors (any individual not listed on the client’s Colocation Authorized Access List) will need to have prior authorization from the Authorized Signer on the account, or other person authorized to add and or remove individuals as designated on the Colocation Authorized Access List. This authorization must be provided to Host.net Customer Support via one of the following methods: E-mail to email@example.com from either the contact e-mail address of the Authorized Signer listed on the Service Order or the contact e-mail of another person authorized to add/remove individuals; or a letter signed in person in the presence of Host.net staff. The request must contain the guest / vendors’ full name and photo ID number; e.g., driver license number or other valid photo ID number.
GUESTS AND VENDORS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE DATA CENTER WITHOUT PRE-AUTHORIZATION.
5. Colocation Access – Only Authorized Colo users are permitted to enter the facility. Each Authorized Client must hand scan to enter the main Colocation center.
6. Cabinet Access – All Colo cabinets/cages are protected by combination locks. Host.net will provide the Authorized Colo Users with the combination to their specific cabinet/cage only. The client is required to lock the cabinet(s) and/or cage(s) prior to leaving the Colocation Data Center.
7. Non Permitted Items – Food, Drinks, and Cameras are not permitted inside the Colocation facility at any time. Combustibles are not permitted to be stored inside the Colocation cabinets. I.E. Cardboard boxes, papers, etc. Smoking is NOT permitted inside of any Host.net facility.
8. Rules & Regulations – Smoking is NOT permitted inside of any Host.net facility, or within 100 feet of main building. Professional behavior must be displayed at all times while on Host.net property. Vandalism or destructive behavior will result in your access being revoked and possible criminal charges. Empty boxes and trash must be placed in the proper receptacles before leaving the facility. It is not permissible to allow other person(s) to follow you inside the facility without following the hand scan procedure; doing so may result in your access being revoked.
9. Wireless Policy - Collocation customers may not install wireless equipment/antenna on the Data Center premises or within the facility without prior approval from Host.net. Customers are responsible for removing unauthorized equipment from the premise.
Any questions regarding this policy should be directed to our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 561.869.6100, option 2.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation!
Last revision: 4/25/2011